CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

You slapped me BIG TIME!


"But you don't have to go out on a date to become inappropriately intimate. You can do that over the phone, via e-mail, or on a group dates."





It took me a few minutes to take my eyes off from these. I couldn't help but feel convicted. I made a vow to God that the next guy I'd be intimate with will be my husband but reading these lines, I am slapped in my face with the fact that I already violated my covenant to Him. Little did I know that even during the time I broke up with my recent ex-boyfriend, I was already starting to violate the covenant I made with God because I was already enjoying the relationship we branded as "FRIENDSHIP" outside its real scope. Tsk.

I even reached the point of saying "yes" to the invitations of the people close to him just because I thought it would be okay since we're in group. I forgot that what really matters is the motive behind my every decision or action. And oh.. Talking over the phone for more or less 6 hours was just normal. Haaayyy..

Actually, I'm starting to miss those times. But I'd rather miss it than to remain soaked in that wrong form of dating. As what Joshua Harris said in the 2nd chapter of his book I Kissed Dating Goodbye, "Intimacy without commitment, like icing without cake, can be sweet, but it ends up making us sick."

Hmm. I am glad he first read the book and thought of recommending it to me. And I'm thankful to God, He rescued us before it's too late. At least, we didn't hurt each other that much. It's still a long way to go but I'm praying we will both endure. The halt is surely a struggle, missing the closeness we once shared, but we know that someday-- whether we are for each other or for someone else-- we've made the right decision for both of us.

1 comments:

Steve said...

You might find my blog of interest where I critique Josh Harris's book.

www.ikdg.wordpress.com
I Kissed Dating Goodbye: Wisdom or Foolishness?

Unfortunately Josh Harris is quick to point out the problems with dating but reluctant to share any of the problems with his approach.

Hope this helps.