CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?"
"Nothing," they answered.
-Luke 22:35

It pisses me off when I couldn't bring all I want to bring, due to several different reasons, whenever I travel. While packing my things up, I always hear this line from my Mom, "JUST BRING WHAT YOU NEED." Stubborn as I was, I always consider the line as just my Mom's way of dealing with my being brat. I didn't see the value of the statement. Never did it sink in.. NOT until now..

This verse speaks of leaving your excess baggages behind. Hmmm. Mother knows better (for God knows best. hehe). Bitaw noh?! Why do I have to bring along with me the things I don't need (as of the moment) when I easily get tired? Why do I have to take care of things that are not of my power to take care of? And why am I trying so hard to carry everything at once when I can always go back and take things one at a time? (Just like moving to another place)

This reminds me of Dora. Dora the Explorer. That little scrub-like-haired little girl who loves to sing. She travels with only a small back pack but she has all she needs in her journey. And (because she knows she's still young) she consults her map, too!

Traveling like Dora.. Hmm.. Perhaps, that's what I should do. I'll just bring with me what I need in my journey and I'll do the consultations, too! With this, I'll have more room for new things, more room for improvements, more strength to continue the explorations and the race and higher probability of arriving at my destination safe and blissful! Wee! :)



0 comments: