CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Walking after you..

"As for you, if you walk before me as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe my decrees and laws, I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel. But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples.” -2 Chronicles 7:17-20

For a long time, I've been wondering how you managed to wait patiently. Despite how right everything seems to be in the eyes of people around you, you did not give in.
.
I admire your obedience before God. It amazes me how you respond to the teases thrown on you. Hmmm. I just love your way of making the song 'While I'm waiting' real.
.
How I long to have such bravery.. such patience.. such obedience..
.
And though it scares me thinking I'll reach the same age before God will approve, I wanna be like you... as brave, as patient and as obedient as you. For I know, walking after you is what God wants me to do.
.
I wanna walk after you...
.
I wanna walk after you... so that when time comes, my descendants will walk after me, too.
.
I'll love walking after you..

0 comments: